Dry Erase and Whiteboard Painting
No matter how big or small your business is, you can benefit from having a whiteboard or dry erase board in the office. Not only do they enhance your presentations but they streamline the communication between you, your employees, and visitors. Just about any wall can be coated with dry erase or whiteboard paint and functions virtually the same as a traditional whiteboard. DFW Painting understands the application process to create a usable surface for any office or classroom.
Wall-to-wall painted whiteboards or dry erase boards are ideal for brainstorming sessions, strategy meetings, new client contracts, development meetings, an office calendar, announcements and so much more. Chalkboards are being replaced in classrooms to prevent debris and dust and once the dry erase coating is applied, will require less maintenance and can last for years.
Benefits of Using Painted Whiteboards in the Office
No size limitations
Traditional dry-erase boards or whiteboards can be restrictive in size and can limit the number of users at a time. Whiteboards provide edge-to-edge real-estate without a frame or size restrictions.
They are Eco-Friendly
Painted whiteboard walls reduce the need for paper and used alongside projectors, which can be a cost-effective way to reduce waste. Projectors allow you to view your presentation on the wall while using your whiteboard pens to highlight important information.
Open Communication Channels
Converting an entire wall (s) will allow entire groups to collaborate together, opening communications channels and enables you to freely conceive new ideas without physical interactions within a digital environment. The endless canvas enables quick pace idea generation and creates a visual of the end-to-end journey with little effort and can increase productivity.
Ready to get started?
Complete the form below to start your free estimate. One of our project managers is ready to help you today!We'll text and email about your project and special offers. We won't share your information with any third party.
“DFW Painting did an amazing job! They were able to get the job scheduled quickly, the painters did a wonderful job with the work as well as cleaning up afterwards, and they even worked a little later each night to finish a day early.”
What to Expect with a Painted Dry Erase board or Whiteboard
- The board will have a roller stipple texture that will diminish with use.
- Cleaning is easy! As with the smaller dry-erase boards, the painted whiteboard can be cleaned with a dry cloth, erasor or a damp rag for extra cleaning.
- Once applied, the dry erase application will be dry to the touch in 4-6 hours although can’t be used throughout the 7-day cure time.
- The dry-erase board can easily be painted over once the need for the board is no longer there.
- Each project will take between 2-3 days depending on the prep work, size and quantity of boards to be done.
The Dry-Erase Board Painting Process
Preparing the surface
DFW Painting’s professional painters have been painting business and commercial spaces using high-quality and unique finishes since 2004. They understand the proper techniques to ensure you have a solid and durable whiteboard surface by the end of your project. A sample of the steps that they will follow at your project are:
- Area will be coated and surrounding areas will be masked with tape.
- Should the project wall have any texture, the wall will be skim coated and sanded smooth.
- Shining a light at an angle will show any imperfections. Those imperfections will be touched up, sanded, and spot primed.
- Once the entire wall is buffed, sanded and a prime coat is applied, the surface will be wiped clean and ready for paint.
Applying the Dry Erase Coating
DFW Painting partners with Sherwin Williams to bring you the highest quality finish at each project. For each dry-erase project, our painters use Sherwin Williams Dry Erase Coating and will follow the process below:
- The surface will be primed using a multi-purpose interior latex primer.
- A latex paint, tinted to your prefered color, will be applied with multiple coats and allowed to dry at least 24 hours.
- Drying time is temperature, humidity and film thickness dependent. Darker colors may take longer to dry.
- Once the latex paint is dry, the Dry Erase Coating will be applied.
Each project takes approximately 2-3 days to complete depending on the amount of prep work, the scope of the project, and the number of boards to be done. Contact your Dallas area painters, DFW Painting for a free estimate to transform your office or commercial space.
By focusing on customer service, high values and attention to detail, DFW Painting has become one of Dallas / Fort Worth’s leading painting contractors. We’re painting experts. We often work closely with developers, interior designers, architects and other contractors. We can integrate seamlessly into your project.
DFW PAINTING is here to help you with all of your painting needs! For exterior & interior, residential and commercial painting projects, from cabinets, refinishing and wallpaper removal, to wrought iron painting to epoxy coatings, DFW Painting is Dallas’s a FULL-service paint company. Experience a different kind of painting company!
DFW Painting has been painting the Dallas area since 2004. Our team of professional painters dedicates ourselves to making your painting project easy. From clear communication from the start to our 3-year workmanship warranty, our professional painters will deliver a service and quality results that both our clients can be proud of.