When we think of home renovation, we typically don’t think about the garage. As the garage becomes more than a space to park the car, the popularity of epoxy finishes to the floor has risen.
One of the most robust finishes that you can apply to a garage floor is an epoxy coating. The durable finish not only transforms your floor, rejuvenating the garage, but it also adds function. The finish is useful for preserving concrete surfaces, protecting it against impacts, stains and everyday wear all while giving a showroom feel.
Used for both commercial and residential applications, epoxy coatings have the following benefits:
- Epoxy is very durable and resistant to impacts, stains, surface abrasion, and chemicals. No need to worry about chemicals seeping through the concrete and leaving a harmful residue.
- Hides minor imperfections, such as small cracks, in the concrete.
- Epoxy is shock resistant.
- Concrete can become dusty! Epoxy is a sealer that helps prevent dust.
- Epoxy finish is resistant to certain levels of heat making it ideal for garage floors
- The finish is long lasting! No need to refinish for an extended amount of time.
- The smooth finish of epoxy will cause less deterioration to the tires of your car compared to concrete.
- Epoxy is moisture resistant, which aids in clean-up.
DFW Painting painters recently transformed two garages in the Dallas Fort Worth Area using an epoxy finish as featured in our projects below.
Garage Floor Before
As you can see, the garage floor shows signs of wear including minor cracking. Epoxy will give this floor a new life as you will see below.
DFW Painting specializes in transforming spaces across the Dallas Fort Worth area. If you’re interested in learning more about the benefits and process of having an epoxy floor, give our team a call at 972-633-2592.