Painting the exterior of a home is a great way to transform its looks. In fact, exterior painting can add curb appeal, increase value, increase the desirability of your neighborhood while adding an extra layer of protection against environmental damage.
Home exteriors tend to be a variety of sidings that include vinyl, stucco, stone, wood, and brick. Although that task of painting the exterior can be a DIY project, having a deep understanding as the proper preparation and techniques for your exterior surface will help to ensure color success.
Our featured home is an excellent example of the blend of materials used on the exterior of Dallas area homes. The house required preparation and paint for stucco and the results are amazing!
See for yourself in our gallery below!
The Stucco Painting Process – Exterior Application
Proper preparation, tools and high-quality paint will ensure a quality finish. Professional painters follow the guidelines when painting stucco.
- The stucco is thoroughly cleaned.
- Once clean, bare surfaces are primed using a high-quality concrete and masonry primer. An elastomeric patch or sealant is applied if needed, allowed to dry, and then the topcoat is applied.
- The stucco is examined for any cracks, crevices, and openings which are then are patched and sealed using an elastomeric patch, sealant or caulk.
- All sealants are allowed to dry for 12-hours after application.
Painting the surface
DFW Painting partners with Sherwin Williams to bring you the highest quality paint and finishes. When painting stucco, Conflex Sherlastic Elastomeric Coating is recommended. The coating has the following benefits:
- 100% acrylic coating that provides excellent flexibility, durability and is weather resistant making the coating ideal for exterior surfaces.
- Reduces water damage on interior surfaces (when painted on exterior surfaces) by protecting the concrete and masonry surfaces against wind-driven rain
- Conflex Coatings can be tinted to many colors. However, it is available as a flat sheen only.
- Mildew Resistant
A variety of tools will be used to apply the paint including a brush, roller, or spray to apply the coating. Two coats will are applied with overnight drying times between coats. Once the project is complete, all protectant materials and equipment will be cleaned up leaving the home or business with a fresh clean look.
The professional painters at DFW Painting have been painting the exteriors of businesses and homes in the Dallas Metroplex since 2004 and have strict standards to ensure a high-quality result at each painting project. Each exterior painting and interior painting project starts with a free, on-site, itemized estimate. Give our team a call at 972-633-2592 or schedule your free estimate here.
By focusing on customer service, high values and attention to detail, DFW Painting has become one of Dallas / Fort Worth’s leading painting contractors. We’re painting experts. We often work closely with developers, interior designers, architects and other contractors. We can integrate seamlessly into your project.
DFW PAINTING is here to help you with all of your painting needs! For exterior & interior, residential and commercial painting projects, from cabinets, refinishing and wallpaper removal, to wrought iron painting to epoxy coatings, DFW Painting is Dallas’s a FULL-service paint company. Experience a different kind of painting company!
DFW Painting has been painting the Dallas area since 2004. Our team of professional painters dedicates ourselves to making your painting project easy. From clear communication from the start to our 3-year workmanship warranty, our professional painters will deliver a service and quality results that both our clients can be proud of.