Garage Floor Coating
DFW Painting’s garage floor coating service improves the look and feel of any Dallas area garage or commercial floor where extra protection or a favorable aesthetic is needed. There are a wide range of coatings to choose from and one is right for you and your property. We can help you select the one that is best for your garage.
What is an epoxy floor coating?
The term “epoxy is used to describe coatings that are created from two components, meaning, a combination mix of two different chemicals, referred to as “resin”.
Epoxy floor coating, compared to other types of resins for flooring, are the highest strength resin in the industry. They offer the strongest bond between the resin and reinforcement to the surface.
When properly cured, epoxy flooring offers a good chemical and heat resistance, and extremely low shrinkage.
Depending on the system used, they are available in a variety of sheens and colors.
Epoxy Floor Gallery
Many property owners in the Dallas Metroplex choose to use epoxy coating on their floors for a variety of reasons. The coating repels preventing a slippery surface, reduces dust, is stain resistant, is low maintenance and elongates the life of concrete. Once completed, the coating enhances the look and feel of any space, indoor and out.
DFW area residential and commercial properties often use epoxy coatings on these surfaces:
- Garage Floor
- Showroom Floor
- Courtyard or patio
- Pool Deck
- Basement Floor
- Sidewalks and Walkways
Frequently Asked Questions
Is your work guaranteed?
We provide a one year warranty against cracking, peeling and installation defects.
How long does the standard coating take to apply?
Our floor coating process usually takes one to two days to complete.
What do I need to do to prepare my garage for installation?
All that we ask is that your garage is completely empty before we arrive.
When can I move my belongings back into the garage?
Once installation is complete, we suggest that you wait at least twenty-four hours before walking on your garage floor surface. We recommend that you wait at least one week before driving or parking your car in the garage.
Can your floor coating be installed if I have a moisture problem?
For a suspected garage floor with moisture problems, we do not recommend installing the coating. The moisture under the surface could cause the product to peel.
How do I know if I have a moisture problem?
If you have white, green, or dark spots in your garage, you could potentially have a moisture problem. A simple test will determine if you do have this problem. Take a trash bag and tape it to the part of the floor you suspect has the problem. Wait a day and then remove it. If a dark spot or water droplets appear under the trash bag, you have a moisture problem, and we do not suggest the coating system for your garage floor until the moisture problem is corrected.
What if I already have a coating on my floor right now; can I still get your product installed?
Yes. When you fill out our pricing form just select the Prep Current Top Coat option. On the day of your job start our representative will inspect your floor and explain the best option for removing any existing coating that may be on your floor. Additional charges apply for prepping a previous floor coating.
What are the flake chips for?
The flake chips help with nonskid and give the floor a decorative look by helping to hide imperfections.
Are you insured?
Yes, we are fully insured.
Ready to get started?
Complete the form below to start your free estimate. One of our project managers is ready to help you today!We'll text and email about your project and special offers. We won't share your information with any third party.
“I absolutely love DFW Painting. They are so very reliable and the people that they send to the house are fabulous and I truly feel they care about my house and treat it as their own. They follow up on any issue, and have always satisfied me with a five star performance.”
Epoxy Coating Benefits
One of the most robust finishes that you can apply to a garage floor is an epoxy coating. The durable finish not only transforms your floor, rejuvenating the garage, showroom or commercial floor, but it also adds function. The finish is useful for preserving concrete surfaces, protecting it against impacts, stains and everyday wear all while giving a showroom feel.
Used for both commercial and residential applications, epoxy coatings have the following benefits:
- Epoxy is very durable and resistant to impacts, stains, surface abrasion, and chemicals. No need to worry about chemicals seeping through the concrete and leaving a harmful residue.
- Hides minor imperfections, such as small cracks, in the concrete.
- Epoxy is shock resistant.
- Concrete can become dusty! Epoxy is a sealer that helps prevent dust.
- Epoxy finish is resistant to certain levels of heat making it ideal for garage floors
- The finish is long lasting! No need to refinish for an extended amount of time.
- The smooth finish of epoxy will cause less deterioration to the tires of your car compared to concrete.
- Epoxy is moisture resistant, which aids in clean-up.
Ready to take your floor to the next level?
Contact our painting specialists today.
The Epoxy Floor Application Process
There are 3 recommended phases for applying epoxy. These are priming layer phase, the body coat layer phase, and the topcoat layer phase. With experience dating back to 2004, our painters understands the importance of each phase and what a quality application will mean for durability and longevity of the coating.
- The three phases creates a floor that is thicker and more durable than a floor that has only one of two coats of paint.
- During priming it is important that the primer absorbs deep into the floor, ensuring that the floor is in a good condition for application. A variety of techniques can be used to ensure proper absorbtion in this phase.
- During the second or body layer phase, filling in the floor’s visible holes and cracks using alternate methods, with epoxy will ensure a smooth, even coverage.
- The final topcoat phase consists of back rolling evenly, while keeping a wet edge. Decorative color flakes may be spread at this time via hand.
- The professional painters will cut the edges in by hand
- Once dried, all of the loose, decorative flake will be swept away.
- Epoxy is fast drying. Light weight items may be put back in after 2-3 hours, including foot traffic.
- Heavy items will need to wait 3-7 days (cars, machinery, equipment)
By focusing on customer service, high values and attention to detail, DFW Painting has become one of Dallas / Fort Worth’s leading painting contractors. We’re painting experts. We often work closely with developers, interior designers, architects and other contractors. We can integrate seamlessly into your project.
DFW PAINTING is here to help you with all of your painting needs! For exterior & interior, residential and commercial painting projects, from cabinets, refinishing and wallpaper removal, to wrought iron painting to epoxy coatings, DFW Painting is Dallas’s a FULL-service paint company. Experience a different kind of painting company!
DFW Painting has been painting the Dallas area since 2004. Our team of professional painters dedicates ourselves to making your painting project easy. From clear communication from the start to our 3-year workmanship warranty, our professional painters will deliver a service and quality results that both our clients can be proud of.