When a homeowner is considering a large renovation or even a small project for their home, it can be difficult to know where to start the process if you don’t have a reliable contractor that you have worked with before. Choosing the right contractor for the job is THE most important decision to make in the whole process. Here are some tips to help you find the right company for the job:
– Ask local friends and neighbors for referrals to contractors in your area. These local referrals from people you trust help narrow down your search to find a few great potential contractors quickly.
– Ask the potential contractors if this is a project that they have expertise in, and ask to see evidence of this type of work.
– Verify that the contractor carries the proper General Liability insurance that will cover the work to be done in your home.
– Check to see that they partner with reputable subcontractors (like DFW Painting!!!) that do excellent work and that also carry the correct insurance.
– Trust your gut! Focus on the company that makes you feel at ease when talking through the details of the project. This is a relationship, and it’s best that you find a company who you communicate well with.
-Never make the final decision solely based on the lowest bid. Good quality work is never cheap, and the lowest bid may not be the correct bid for the work to be performed. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples when comparing competitive bids.
At Wilbo, we provide references to every potential client and show proof of our GL insurance certificate. We feel these are extremely important parts of the interview process, as this shows who we are as a company and that we care about their home. Let us show you how we at Wilbo do business the right way! To learn more about Wilbo Construction Group, visit their website.